SETTING NEW STANDARDS
The EWR130E wheeled excavator delivers an outstanding machine performance wrapped up in an industry leading compact package. The cab is common with larger wheeled excavators and delivers all the comfort and visibility you would expect from Volvo. Whether you are working in tight urban areas, infrastructure projects, landscaping or more, the multipurpose 12-14t machine sets new standards when it comes to agility and performance.
Purchase this machine
Reach out to our team to learn more.
Rent this machine
Get a free rental quote.
Features and Benefits
Volvo EWR130E Excavator - Setting New Standards
- THE COMPACT CHOICE
- The EWR130E wheeled excavator is designed to set new standards in the market when it comes to powerful machine performance in an unbeatably compact package. This multipurpose 12-14t machine can work in tight urban spaces, move quickly through infrastructure projects, and has a light enough footprint for landscaping. Wherever you are working, count on the EWR130E to help your project succeed.
- – UNRIVALLED LIFTING CAPACITY
- The EWR130E boasts a considerably lower center of gravity compared to equivalent machines, resulting in unbeatable stability. The fixed mounted boom, with no pivot, enables lifting up to 4.3t at 6-meter reach. This smartly designed digging equipment, combined with powerful 90kW Volvo engine, delivers best in class breakout and tear-out forces.
- – ADDITIONAL COMPACTNESS
- Enhance machine versatility with the in-line outriggers. This option allows the machine to be positioned and stabilized in the most compact of working areas.
- – MADE TO MANOEUVRE
- Increase machine flexibility with a choice of steering modes, easily selected from the cab using the rotary switch. The optional 4-wheel steering system reduces the turning radius when operating at low speed.
- – DIVIDED BLADES
- Additional divided blades create opportunities for the operator to level the machine in a wider variety of locations such as sidewalks and uneven ground.
- DESIGNED BY YOU, BUILT BY VOLVO
- To make sure our machines reflect what the market needs, we involve customers at every stage of development. The EWR130E is built on the success of its bigger brother, the EWR150E. Based on feedback from the field, we came up with a design that exceeds expectations and takes short tail swing excavators to the next stage.
- – SAFE, FROM THE INSIDE AND OUT
- Find your way easily when entering and exiting the machine, thanks to bright steps and handrails. As an option, the welcome light can be controlled remotely, to guide you in darkness. Our range of LED work light packages provide further visibility when working in low-light conditions.
- – CLEAN AND PRODUCTIVE
- When travelling at high speeds, the optional axle mounted mudguards will keep your machine cleaner for longer thanks to a large surface area following the wheel arch.
- – EASY ATTACHMENTS SETUP
- Easily program attachment pressure and flow, without the need of a service technician, thanks to the Attachment Management System. Our system can store the settings of up to 32 different attachments, helping to reduce downtime and keep costs to a minimum. A shortcut button on the console provides quick access to the attachments menu.
- – BRING YOUR TOOLS
- Perfect for transporting tools and lifting chains, an ergonomically positioned drawer-type toolbox conveniently slides out from the undercarriage. First introduced by Volvo, the toolbox can carry up to 120 kg. Box dividers, which can be adjusted into five different positions, help the operator stay organized.
- SEE THE DIFFERENCE
- While the machine may be compact, the EWR130E cab is the same as on the larger wheeled excavators, delivering all the spaciousness and all-around visibility you would expect from Volvo. A convenient cab layout, ergonomic controls and outstanding level of comfort provide an unrivalled operator environment.
- – VOLVO SMART VIEW
- Operators can work in complete confidence thanks to optional Volvo Smart View. The system uses front, rear and side cameras to provide a real-time, overhead view of the machine during operation on the colour monitor. The result is safer machine rotation while working, especially in confined spaces.
- – OPERATOR CONVENIENCE
- The EW130E boasts the same full-size cab as its larger counterparts, providing operators with a spacious and low-noise working environment. Ergonomic and easy-to-use controls include programmable buttons on the joystick, allowing operators to keep the most relevant functions at hand during the working day.
- – DRIVE IN COMFORT
- For easy operation and reduced operator fatigue, Comfort Drive Control gives operators the opportunity to steer the machine without needing to take their hands off the joystick, at speeds up to 20km/h (12 mph). A single joystick can handle almost every operation – from wheel steering, to blade and outrigger control, windshield wiping and more.
- – FULLY ADJUSTABLE JOYSTICK
- Find the perfect position of your L8 joystick thanks to a special ball joint allowing the joystick to be fully adjustable to any angle. Operators can adjust the angle to a neutral position in seconds, for enhanced operator comfort and reduced strain.
- VERSATILE PERFORMANCE
- A host of features including Boom Suspension System, trailer hitch, automatic digging brake and seamless compatibility with tiltrotators and fully hydraulic quick couplers, all combine to deliver outstanding levels of productivity.
- – TAKE ON ANY ANGLE
- Boost productivity with the Steelwrist® tiltrotators, providing flexibility for precise construction jobs at any angle. The factory-fitted tiltrotator preparation system gives you the power to control both the machine and tiltrotator using only the two joysticks, with the information presented on just one machine display.
- – COMFORT AT SPEED
- Experience ultimate control and enhanced comfort while traveling at speeds of up to 35km/h (22 mph). The optional Boom Suspension System automatically engages at 5km/h, absorbing shocks to reduce bouncing and bucket spillage. The hydraulic circuit, complete with accumulators, reduces shock when driving over rough terrain or bumpy roads for smoother and faster travel.
- – GET HITCHED
- With the TuV approved trailer hitch you can pull a trailer weighing 3 tons, or up to 8 tons with additional overrun brakes, perfect for transporting all required tools and equipment to the job site. The trailer hook can be fitted on the outriggers or parallel blade for optimized machine versatility.
- – AUTOMATIC DIGGING BRAKE
- A Volvo first, the automatic digging brake lets you get straight to work once you stop. The service brake and oscillation lock automatically engage when the machine’s speed is at zero.
- SIMPLE TO SERVICE
- A world-class machine is just the start of how Volvo strives to add value you to your operation. Our portfolio of attachments and support services are designed to complement your machine’s performance and boost your profitability.
- – DIG ASSIST APPS
- Unlock the full potential of your machine’s productivity with optional Dig Assist, powered by the 10” Volvo Co-Pilot display. Gain access to a set of smart apps, including On-Board Weighing, 2D, In-Field Design and 3D software packages, designed to make the digging process more accurate, and faster.
- – EASY MACHINE MONITORING
- Make sure your Volvo is operating at its best with the CareTrack telematics system, providing powerful insight into machine conditions and performance. With Volvo Active Care, Volvo will look after your machines for you, with our Uptime Center monitoring your machine data and contacting you if action is required.
- – MATCH AND ATTACH
- Get the most out of your wheeled excavator with our range of purpose-built attachments, designed to work in perfect harmony with your machine. Form one solid and reliable unit that delivers improved cycle times and increased fuel efficiency, by customizing your machine with quality Volvo attachments, which match your needs.
- – HERE TO SUPPORT YOU
- Maintain productivity and machine uptime with our range of widely available, tested and approved Genuine Volvo Parts – all backed by Volvo warranty. Here with the complete solution, we’ll help you stay on track, offering flexible maintenance and repair options, as well as planned servicing, to extend the life of your excavator.
Here are the key specifications for this product model. Want to know more about this equipment? Download the brochure or contact us.
|Dipper Length - Shortest Articulated
|6 ft 11 in (2100 mm)
|Dipper Length - Longest Articulated
|7 ft 10 in (2400 mm)
|247 Inches³ (4.04 ltr)
|Engine Auto Shut Off
|Engine Output - Net
|119 hp (89 kW)
|Engine Output - Gross
|121 hp (90 kW)
|Standard Number Of Tires
|Tire Size - Standard
|Service Brake Type
|Wet Multi Discs
|Service Brake Actuation
|Hydraulic Power Brakes
|8 ft 4 in (2540 mm)
|8 ft 4 in (2550 mm)
|Ground Level Reach
|27 ft 2 in (8275 mm)
|Maximum Dig Height
|31 ft 10 in (9698 mm)
|Dump Clearance Height
|23 ft 4 in (7117 mm)
|15 ft 4 in (4678 mm)
|40 gallons (US) (150 ltr)
|2 yd³ (1.8 m³)
|Sound Level Standard
|ISO 6,396 / 6,395
|Sound Level Internal
|Sound Level External
|Bucket Breakout - Articulated Boom
|18,435 lbf (82 kN)
|Dipper Short, Boost Tearout Artic
|13,940 lbf (62 kN)
|Dipper Tearout - Boost, Articulated Boom
|13,940 lbf (62 kN)
|Dipper Longest, Boost Tearout Artic
|12,590 lbf (56 kN)
|Number Of Main Pumps
|Total Flow - Main Pumps
|85 gallons (US) / min (323 lt/min)
|28,440 lbs (12900 kg)